Steps to Take Before Repossession
If you think your vehicle may be repossessed, take these steps:
- Remove all purchase and loan documents from the vehicle.
- Remove all personal belongings from the vehicle.
- Note the current odometer mileage.
- Take photographs of the vehicle's interior and exterior.
- Request that the lender provide you with a written loan payment history.
- Request that the lender provide you with a payoff figure.
- Do not hide or conceal the vehicle to avoid a repossession.